Clinical Surgery - Henry MM, Thompson JN

[size=4]Clinical Surgery[/size]

M. M. Henry (Editor), Jeremy N. Thompson (Editor), Gillian Lee (Illustrator), Louise Perks (Illustrator), WB Saunders Company

Paperback 824 pages (December 9, 2004)
Publisher: Saunders (W.B.) Co Ltd
Language: English
ISBN: 0702027197

[quote]Book Description
Clinical Surgery answers the need for an authoritative, comprehensive, attractively presented textbook of surgery for medical students and residents. It covers general issues in the first section (wound healing, pain control, and more); the second, largest section uses a regional approach to the subject; and the third section covers surgical specialties, including pediatrics, endocrinology, and urology. Illustrated in full color, this new text has been designed with features that students appreciate # chapter contents summaries, text boxes, and color coding for chapters. [/quote]

[quote]This is what YOU need!, October 26, 2001
Reviewer: Wasseem Rock from Nazareth Israel
If you are a medical student doing your rounds in the various surgery departments, from general surgery to Opthalmology and Anesthesia, this is the book for you!
“Clinical Surgery” is a BEAUTIFUL book. The colors and the wonderful illustrations make reading it simple and enjoyable and remembering the details easier. The material is written in a clear manner and the content is just as deep as a medical stusdent needs it to be inorder to grasp the essentials of surgery in the time devoted for the different surgical departments.

I have looked into various books of surgery and I can confidently say that “Clinical surgery” is the book that every medical student needs! When I first set hands on this book I felt I am holding a treasure in my hands and when I looked at the beautiful illustrations I was astonished and very happy and when I started reading it I understood that I have finally found the book I REALLY NEED!

Thank you Saunders for this wonderful book! It really proves that when the book is “Saunders” it just has to be great! :slight_smile: [/quote]

Jeg synes på mange måder at det er en rigtig god bog. Den er skrevet i et godt let læseligt sprog og med et godt layout. Inspirationen fra den geniale Clinical Medicin er tydelig. Niveauet er på et rimeligt plan, dog ikke så højt som i Clinical Medicin, men klart nok til at gøre det godt til eksamen.
De indledende generelle kapitler er gode og bløddelkirurgien er godt skrevet.
Desværre fejler bogen fælt ved Ortopæd kirurgien, som på ingen måder er sufficient dækket. Så her må man finde en anden bog(Sneppen kan anbefales).
Alt i alt en god bog som kan anbefales, men med det forbehold at man skal have fat i en Ortopæd bog.

Der er kommet en ny udgave (link), er der nogen, der kan udtale sig om forskellen til 1. udgave? evt. bedre dækning af ortopæd- og neurokirurgi?

• Mikkel