Pulmonary Physiology - Michael Levitzky

[color=#0009ff][size=4]Pulmonary Physiology[/size]
by Michael G. Levitky, Michael G. Levitzky
Paperback: 278 pages
Publisher: McGraw-Hill/Appleton & Lange; 6th edition, 2002[/color]

http://books.mcgraw-hill.com/cgi-bin/pbg/flypageAMB.html?mv_arg=007138765X

[quote]Description
Gives students a solid grasp of those aspects of pulmonary physiology that are essential for an understanding of clinical medicine. The Sixth Edition presents a new section of case presentations, improved illustrations, problem-based examples, and new study questions & answers after each chapter to help students prepare for the USMLE Step 1. [/quote]

[quote]Back Cover
MASTERY OF CONCEPTS—NOT MEMORIZATION OF FACTS
With Michael Levitzky’s clear and involving presentation of pulmonary physiology, you learn how and why the human respiratory system works—in a format that makes it easier to absorb and to integrate as you learn the physiology of other body systems.[/quote]

Der skal ikke siges så meget om denne bog. I forhold til West er sidetallet nok lidt større og der er måske lidt flere fysiologiske formler, men ikke mere end forståeligt. Bogen er velskrevet og indeholder det man afkræves i respirationsfysiologi. Der er spørgsmål til teksten og kliniske eksempler til hvert kapitel, hvis det er noget man benytter. Desuden appendices vedrørende symboler, normalværdier og fysiske love (de relevante).
Alt i alt er “Pulmonary Physiology” et fuldgyldigt alternativ til West, så hvis der er behov for en separat lærebog i respirationsfysiologi kan valget mellem disse to sagtens træffes på rent økonomisk basis.