[size=4]Textbook of Orthopaedics, Trauma and Rheumatology:
With STUDENT CONSULT Access[/size]
[attachment=0:1kpjuqz0]ortho trauma rheuma.jpg[/attachment:1kpjuqz0]
Paperback: 496 pages
Publisher: Mosby (11 April 2008)
Product Dimensions: 24.4 x 18.8 x 2.5 cm
This is a textbook for medical students covering orthopaedics, trauma and rheumatology, offering both core information regarding what the student needs to know about these subject areas and an extensive series of cases with questions and answers that illustrate the thinking behind common everyday practice.
The package also offers online access to the text and images, plus an additional 80 interactive MCQs and answers (on http://www.studentconsult.com).
New Edited Book Winner at The Royal Society of Medicine &The Society of Authors’ Medical Book Awards
“Out of several undergraduate texts on musculoskeletal disease, this is both comprehensive and comprehensible and a valuable addition to departmental and students’ personal libraries.”
“This book is the best comprehensive work I have seen on the musculoskeletal system for medical students. I highly recommend the book to all medical students, junior residents, and primary care physicians.”
Edward Abraham, MD(University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine), Doody Enterprises, Inc. Nov 2008
- Provides a comprehensive overview of musculoskeletal medicine and surgery perfectly tailored for the busy medical student
- Illustrated in full colour throughout
- Succinct coverage of essential topics helps aid understanding whilst avoid unnecessary detail thus saving time
- Uniform style of chapters throughout allows readers to easily scan through for the information required
- Useful summary boxes outline the main points of each condition including aetiology, pathology, epidemiology, clinical features, investigations, management and prognosis
- 100 case histories with questions illustrate the range of clinical problems that students will encounter during their clinical placements
- Direct linking of cases to chapters so that readers can refer back to sections of core text whenever required, or look up cases relevant to a particular chapter
- Online access to the text and images, plus 80 interactive MCQs and answers, on http://www.studentconsult.com[/quote]
Jeg har selv ikke læst eller set denne bog.
Det er velkendt, at de engelske mindre kirurgi-lærebøger (“Principles and Practice of Surgery”, “Clinical Surgery” - hhv. Davidson’s og Kumar & Clark’s Medicine kirurgiske pendent) ikke er dækkende for det danske ortopædkirurgiske pensum.
“Textbook of Orthopaedics, Trauma and Rheumatology” kunne måske være et engelsksproget alternativ til Sneppens “Ortopædkirurgi”.
Se et kapitel fra bogen:
Vh. Joachim, stud.med.